Tuesday 21 September 2010

Obtaining copyright clearance for a British artist/band.

This is my letter I sent off to Parlophone records to try get copy right clearance for lily allens song smile.

Dear Parlophone records,

Request for copyright permission to use the whole of: ( Smile or London by Lily Allen )

I am a student of A level media studies and for my advanced portfolio I will be working in a group to produce a promotional package for the release of a new album track. I would like to request the permission to use the above track for this project.

The finished project will not be made available publicly and will not be used solely for coursework purposes. The holder of the original copyright will be fully acknowledge in the finished project.

If you not hold the rights for this song I should be grateful if you could forward this request to the appropriate person, or return it to me with contact details in order that I might approach the copyright holder directly.

Yours faithfully,

Sammie Coventry .

No comments:

Post a Comment